Yoga for Parkinson’s Teacher Training Certificate Program
March 6, 2021 - March 8, 2021$390
This training will either be offered in person in 2021 or will be redesigned as an on-line course in fall 2020. The June date is cancelled due to Covid.
Learn how to create a safe and effective yoga practice to live better with Parkinson’s
This is a teacher training certificate program created by TriYoga Boston with support from the Massachusetts Chapter of the APDA. It is designed for yoga teachers interested in expanding their knowledge and experience to offer programs for those living with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Understand motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s.
- Understand current treatments and management of symptoms.
- Learn yoga’s benefits for Parkinson’s.
- Gain familiarity with research that supports benefits of yoga.
- Assess and match yoga practices to individual student needs.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of target areas for stretching, strengthening and and balance.
- Create a safe and effective group yoga class for different levels of ability.
- Ensure a safe environment for those with Parkinson’s and other movement disorders.
- Integrate yoga philosophy and the full scope of yoga practices to help clients reduce or manage symptoms, improve strength, flexibility, balance, breathing, coping, and mental outlook.
$360 early bird registration before May 15th