Walk Yourself Well Gait Assessment Clinic
Sunday March 19 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This full day workshop is for Yoga teachers and yoga therapists. Those who have previously taken Sherry Brourman’s 3-day workshop Seeing Bodies Therapeutically will receive a discount. Those who have not previously taken the course should read the book Walk Yourself Well.
- Learn how to create an integrated, dynamic yoga practice in accordance with individual assessment findings.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how structural body components function reciprocally.
- Learn how to see and articulate structural functions of the body and understand potential psychosocial implications of common postures.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of how to elicit healthy movement patterns.
- Learn how to eliminate back pain, neck, shoulder, knee, hip and other structural pain forever.
The morning will include a presentation of how to assess and balance gait. The afternoon will start with a Walking Clinic where you will get an opportunity to apply the techniques of gait assessment and balancing. After the walking clinic there will be time to review the cases, go over any questions and receive feedback for additional suggestions and treatment plans.
$135 – full day
$110 – Discounted price for those who took Seeing Bodies Therapeutically
Instructor: Sherry Brourman, P.T., E-RYT500
Sherry has been a physical therapist in private practice since 1978, and a yoga teacher, teacher trainer and yoga therapist for fifteen years. Sherry is a teacher with tremendous passion combining the science of physical therapy and yoga therapy and the holistic healing intention of yoga. Her own severe back, created the profound insight that became the groundwork for her to create a system of movement based healing. This is the foundation for her book, Walk Yourself Well (Hyperion 1998) and has been translated and distributed in five countries. Sherry teaches her Gait Therapy Practitioner Training to healthcare professionals nationally and has a Yoga Therapy Internship Program locally. (long distance is underway) Yoga therapy, became the confluence of all of the tools Sherry had gathered for her healing work. At her clinic, Sherry sees patients and clients on a one on one basis, and in group yoga therapy classes. She also teaches workshops on walking and yoga therapeutics internationally, the subject of her new book, also underway.